$29.95 x 12
Our winemaking team seeks to capture the vibrant, bright flavor profile of Monterey – where the triumvirate of fog, wind and sun forge distinctive wines with vivid complexity, superb acidity and a pronounced minerality that have become the hallmark of Carmel Road wines. Inland from Monterey’s rugged coastline, yet still directly in the path of the ocean’s relentless influences, Carmel Road’s vineyards can be found nestled on the foothills of the Santa Lucia Mountains. No mountains hinder the flow of air from the Monterey Bay, allowing fog and chilly, moisture-laden winds to sweep over our vineyards daily, making this one of the coldest wine regions in California.
The winemaking team seeks to capture the vibrant, bright flavor profile of Monterey — where the triumvirate of fog, wind and sun forge distinctive wines with vivid complexity, superb acidity and a pronounced minerality. To accomplish this, the majority of the fruit (77%) is fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks while the remaining 23% spends its time in neutral French Oak.
Monterey Chardonnay is so rich, it doesn’t need oak. Refreshing acidity, courtesy of the cool climate, heightens the golden mango, tangerine, Asian pear, white flower, vanilla bean and butter cream flavors, leading to a long finish complexed with a hint of yeast from sur lie aging.